Life at DeSales University (So Far)

Haven't updated in a while. Why? I am officially in college, a freshman at DeSales University.

I am having a great time here. So far, the classes are manageable--though some, I must confess, are a little on the boring side, but that's to be expected. It is nothing that I cannot handle.

I have an awesome roommate and two great suitemates who love to walk in and out as they please. I say that last part with love, because they are so social and wonderful, and it's great to have them as my friends. Many people I've talked to have told me that they don't know their suitemates at all, so my situation is a rare and wonderful one.

All of the students here are so welcoming. Seriously, no matter where I go, someone either is holding the door open for many students, or I'm holding the door open and they always say, "Thank you." Kindness, it seems, is a common characteristic of a DeSales student.

One thing that I had heard about college is that the workload increases. And while that may be true, the schedules are created so that a person can have two classes for a Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule and three to four classes for a Tuesday-Thursday schedule. We are allowed more time to do the work, and even after that, we still have time left over to hang out with friends, eat in the cafeteria, or go out into town and shop. It definitely helps us practice time management.

And speaking of food, I must say that DeSales has surprisingly good meals. Sure, the pasta could be warmed up longer and sometimes the breakfast food is bland, but the food isn't awful--sometimes it's even really good!

DeSales, so far, is a really nice and safe campus. I'm sure that in the next few months, I'll come back and tell you more, but since it is the beginning of the school year, not much excitement has happened yet. It is enjoyable, though--I must repeat that.

As another plus, because I have fewer classes in a day, I get more time to write. And that's always great in my book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Recap of My Surreal Experience with Palaye Royale, The Strive, Chucky Hugh

Graduation and the Start of Summer